Friday, May 26, 2006

'My Country 'tis of thee' on Memorial Day We Sing...

"HERE REST IN HONORED GLORY AN AMERICAN SOLDIER KNOWN BUT TO GOD"

My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From every mountainside,
Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills,
Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees,
Sweet freedom's song;
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Our fathers' God, to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing;
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King.


Our Freedom has been paid for in blood.
To all those who have sacrificed thier all for the freedom that I enjoy, the freedom that my children frolic in, the freedom that is the envy around the world, I salute you. You are the unsung heroes behind the ink of our free press, you are the unknown patriarchs behind the pulpits of our churches and synagogues, you are the thread that holds together the stars and stripes of Old Glory, you are America at its greatest; selfless sacrifice for freedom and liberty. On this Memorial Day I want to take the time to thank you. My flag flies in your honor. May God Bless the men and women who serve our country today and may His peace be upon those who have given thier all in the service of others.

Michael DiBartolo

CounterData.com

Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization Counter