Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Working Patriot says....

The following was a response to a question regarding my 'It was Americans' poem...perhaps others would have the same question so I thought I would share it....


Quote by kif kif:

Hi AZ. I've read (your) comments, and while I
have nothing political to add, I would like to comment on your structure.It's
been a while since I've read anything that plays with time. Your intro is
exiting, and you've described/set the scene well.I think this poem shows your
political slant beautifully, and while some might disagree-does the government
rule the people, or the people rule the government, this poem is not forcing an
issue, rather explores it.

kif kif, thanks for reading and I appreciate your comments very much.

Quote by kif kif:

As you've used a historical figure, I'm wondering if you think that the
world is regressing?
What a wonderful question. In this world of progressive politics and progressive idealology why would I refer to the past to address the future?

It's not that I believe the world is regressing but rather progressing past the point of moral clarity for anyone to stand up and say NO!

I used Crispus to represent a moral clarity that the Americans in the poem could all identify with and respect. Not only was Crispus willing to stand for what he believed to be right but he was also willing to shed his blood to attain those rights. What struck many during that time was that a former slave, a black man, would be on the front line fighting for the freedom that not all men had but that all men should have. I believe that relativism will destroy our moral fiber and in doing so destroy our resolve to be free. There are those today who scream about 'rights' and then they scream at you when you exercise those very same rights.

For example:

I went to show my support of a Marine Mom who has started a caravan down to Crawford Texas to say that Ms. Sheehan does not speak for all parents of soldiers or for all Americans. The caravan came through Sacramento and I took off for lunch to show my support... there were those who supported Sheehan across the street yelling and screaming at those who supported this Marine Mom. While the Mom was being interviewed (live) an elderly gentlemen standing next to me began to yell at her..."THAT'S BULLSHIT!" I turned and looked at him and the sign he was holding which suggested that we were 'pro-war and pro-death'. He yells again, "BULLSHIT!" now this woman was speaking about her son who is serving his country and currently in harms way in the war on terror... I leaned close to this irate gentlemen and asked him to show a little respect. I told him that this woman was talking about her son and he should show some respect for her and the interviewers.... his reply to me was..."I DON'T RESPECT FASCIST!"...other spectators began to address this man who insisted that he had the right to be there and so on...

Now if the rolls were reversed and I screamed during an interview for Ms. Sheehan that she was full of bullshit... I would have been condemned and accused of being a fascist for not allowing her to speak her mind. Those people lacked any since of decorum and an open debate of issues could never be discussed in an atmosphere like the one they were trying to produce.

For me, Crispus represents a clear moral line that we shouldn't cross.. and that is that we are ALL Americans and that only united will we be able to leave a better world than the one we received. Each generation places a call for those to stand and lead where none will... but in this generation we don't have those leaders... they have refused the calling by their own generation because of the programming they have received that tells them that what they have to say and what they stand for isn't politically correct or 'fair' so they remain quiet. Their silence has created a vacuum of moral leadership where people like Michael Moore, Mick Jagger, and Cindy Sheehan and groups like the main stream media have decided to fill with their comments and views.

Do you think that those I mentioned above would have been accepted to speak for JFK or FDR or Abraham Lincoln?

I turn to our past for strength, for knowledge and understanding of who we are... we being Americans... and I find in them a character that is missing in today’s society of politics, government, and social growth.

Sorry for the rant... I hope it gives you some insight to why I used Crispus Atticus.

AZ

CounterData.com

Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization Counter